- Developing a Personal Protection Plan
- Self-Defense Firearm Basic
- Shooting Fundamentals
- The Legal Use Of Force
- Violent Encounters & Their Aftermath
- Gear & Gadgets
- Basic & Advanced Skills
- Michigan CPL Laws
- USCCA Insurance
Review of safety rules:
- Treat all guns as if they are loaded and always do a clearance check.
- Never point your gun at anything that you are not willing to destroy.
- Keep your finger OFF the trigger and outside the trigger guard until you are on target and have the decision to shoot.
- Always be sure of your target and beyond.
Review proper loading of the firearm
- Insert Magazine
- Operate Slide
- Rip the Slide
- Proper Hand Placement
- Proper Sight Picture
- Break Tunnel Vision
Firing Course 100 rds. Total
- 10 rds. centermass (our bullseye is centermass)
- 10 rds. press and release drill slow
- 10 rds. press and release drill med speed
- 10 rds. press and release drill fast
- 10 rds. point and shoot (instinctive shooting)
- Demonstrate the Tueller drill
- 10 rds. with snap cap rds. in mag. Malfunction drill
- 5 rds. & 5 rds. emergency mag change
- 10 rds. & 10 rds. tactical mag change
- 10 rds. multiple targets
Next class: Firearms Training – Level 1